History of Institute


Historically, we belong to the oldest and the largest testing bodies in Slovak Republic within testing activity.


Chronological review:

1949 Machinery Ministry Decision in Prague, ref. No. 12457/50-V-IV-1, on formation of research and development plant as a component of Kovotechna Prague
1950 The formation of research and development plant Kovotechna Piešťany as a component of Kovotechna Prague, the main scope of which was research, development and testing of products, first of all, the metal consumer goods
1952 The testing body for testing of products and materials – the initial range of goods was metal consumer goods, later medical instruments and devices, domestic gadgets, metal utensils, packages, technical drawing and measuring materials, later the metrology activities was exercised.
1955 The testing body in Piešťany has obtained "authorization", i.e. license to issue certificates and to test all materials and semi-products used in machinery industry, to 1st March 1955. This authorization was valid up to 1965
1958 “Quality marking of products” – Kovotechna Prague plant of Piešťany
1960 Kovotechna plant 04 – authorized testing body Piešťany is a component of VHJ Metal goods in Trnava
1965 The Machinery Testing Institute in Brno (SZÚ) was established and the testing body in Piešťany became one of its branch offices, to 1st January 1965.
1969 Aim to build a new testing object
1973 - 1991 Building-up of new areas of testing body
1975 The Czechoslovak Institute for Devices and Equipment Attestation – SKTC No. 243 uprised of the branch office of SZÚ in Piešťany, to 1st January 1975, as a legally independent national economic organization subordinated to The Office of Standards and Measurement in Prague
1992 Rename: Czechoslovak Institute for Devices and Equipment Attestation (ČSÚAPZ) was renamed to Technical Testing Institute (TSÚ).
1993 After formation of independent Slovak Republic, the establishing institution of TSÚ Piešťany became to 1st January 1993 The Slovak Office of Standards, Metrology and Testing with authorization mark SKTC-104
1993 The formation of testing body under SKTC-104 identification
1998 Since 1st June 1998 institute bears the name Technical Testing Institute Piešťany, s. e.
1998 Institute is authorized by MVRR SR according to Act No. 90/98 Coll. on construction products as amended by the Act No. 413/2000 Coll. with authorization mark CIS 03/1998 to perform certification, conformity assessment, as well as inspection and as a testing laboratory, since 1st October 1998
1999 It has quality system established and certified according to STN EN ISO 9002 standards since 21st November 1999.
1999 Institute has got an appraisal of ÚNMS SR chairman “Commemorative medal on the occasion of 80 years of Slovak metrology”.
2000 Institute has got a price “Testing house of the year 1999”.
2000 Institute is authorized by ÚNMS SR according to Act No. 264/1999 Coll. on technical requirements for products and on conformity assessment and on modification and completion of some laws as amended by Act No. 436/2001 Coll. within the scope of certification, testing and inspections since 1st January 2000. It follows Governmental Ordinances No. 391 – 395 of 16th December 1999, No. 400 of 22nd December 1999 as amended by Governmental Ordinance No. 13 of 25th February 2001, No. 425 of 8th December 2000, No. 433 of 18th December 2000, No. 513 of 28th November 2001 and No. 571 of 6th December 2001.
2001 Institute is accredited by Russian Federative Republic in GOST-R system under No. POCC SK.0001.21AЮ23 to perform tests of machinery products and consumer goods.
2001 Slovak Gold Foundation awarded to TSÚ Piešťany the SLOVAK GOLD Quality mark certificate No. 24/2001 and gold metal
2001 TSÚ Piešťany became the winner of competition National quality price of Slovak Republic in year 2001 in category Large organizations providing services.
2002 TSÚ Piešťany has gained the SOPK Gold Metal for special credit regarding development of Slovak external trade and business.
2003 TSÚ Piešťany has a quality management system established, maintained and functioning for its services since 11. 06. 2003 which meets the requirements of EN ISO 9001:2001 standard.
2003 Technical Testing Institute Piešťany is EU Notified Body No. 1299 since 1. 7. 2003 for product conformity assessment according to these EU Directives: No. 98/37/EC Machinery Safety and No. 73/23/EEC Low Voltage.
2004 Technical Testing Institute Piešťany has concluded agreement on cooperation with The State Institute for Standardisation and Certification of the Republic of Belarus (BelGISS) and with Belarussian State Institute of metrology (BelGIM) and on mutual recognition agreement of test results.
2004 IInstitute is accredited by Belarussian Accreditation System as the Products Certification Body under No. BY/11201.1.0.0135 for machinery and electrotechnical products and consumer goods.
2004Mandate of Ministry of Transport, Post and Telecommunications of Slovak Republic for type approval, conformity assesment, performing of tests, periodical controls and tests and issuing of certificates for transport equipment used for road transport of perishable foodstuffs in accordance with International Agreement on the International Carriage of Perishable Foodstuffs (ATP Agreement)
2004Institute was listed into the list of international testing bodies. The acceptance of certificates issued according to the ATP Agreement of ECONOMIC COMMISSION FOR EUROPE INLAND TRANSPORT COMMITTEE by OSN
2005Institute wrote Agreement on cooperation with Defence Standardization, Codification and Government Quality Assurance Authority
2005Institute was authorized by Ministry of Economy by course of law No. 171/2005 Coll. on gambling to verification of gambling devices
2005Finishing of works on testing laboratory for kettles for rigid fuels in Pobedim
2006Realization of testing of sewerage plants, dynamical lifetime testing of products for automotive and electrotechnical industry and testing by means of the infrared thermography
2006Frame agreement on bilateral cooperation in the field of tests of metrological characteristics and technical characteristics of measures with Slovak Metrology Institute
2006Institute obtained the certificate of QMS according to standard STN EN/ISO 9001:2001
2007Award "Zlatá medaila SOPK" for extraordinary merits of Technical Testing Institute Piešťany by development of Slovak foreign commerce and enterprise
2007Notification of EMC according to EU Directive 2004/108/EC
2008Creation and implementation of a new corporate identity TSU
2008Institute has gained autorization, notification and acreditation for medical devicel
2008Extension of product acreditation in system GOST-R
2008Extension activities in the Act no. 171/2005 Z.z. on gambling by a MOF
2009Building and accreditation of testing laboratoryof solar collectors
2009Institute has gained approval to reference point in the field of solar collectors
2009Accreditation of certification of person
2009The award-winning finalist in the "National Award for Quality SR 2009"
2010First tests of EPAC bicycles
2010Institute has gained approval for certification in system Solar Keymark
2011First EHPA heat pump quality label was issued by TSU in collaboration with National commission for heat pump quality label.
2011TSU was accorded Notification for European Toys Safety Directive 2009/48/EC.
2011Notification for European Directive 93/42/EC – Medical devices was extended validity to December 31th
2012Fundamental changes in the organizational structure focused on supporting corporate activities in the two-tier management activities of the enterprise management
2013TSÚ Piešťany, š.p. merged several testing laboratories to create one testing laboratory, which became an accreditation of SNAS according to the standard STN EN ISO/IEC 17025
2013Start of building of its own EMC chamber at the premises of TSÚ Piešťany, š.p. designed for testing of electromagnetic compatibility of products
2014EMC chamber opening ceremony at the premises of TSÚ Piešťany, š.p.
2014Merging the separate calibration laboratories of TSÚ Piešťany, š.p. within the calibration laboratory accredited by SNAS according to STN EN ISO/IEC 17025
2015Establishment of Certification, Inspections and Staff Development Department
2015Establishment of the Sales Department within the Certification, Inspections and Staff Development Department
2016Extension of the Inspection Body for verification of the fulfilment of requirements on technical equipment safety in our new office in Žilina



Last update: 2.7.2016